Meet an Absolutely Chilling Lineup + A Huge Update to the In-Game Marketplace
· 3 min read
Rivals, the Cold Snap is officially upon us and we have big updates coming for the game.
We’ll be testing a massive upgrade for the in-game marketplace (IGM). Currently, you can purchase cards in the game from other players based on a recommendation system aiming to improve your lineup.
Now, we’re building up the IGM to feature a fully searchable, filterable buying experience from a robust set of listings. For this first test run, we will only be showing listings from the top 100 or so traders on the marketplace. We’re putting this limit in place so the system doesn’t get overwhelmed and we’ll progressively expand the IGM’s listings as soon as we’re able.
Remember that we’re still testing this feature for load balancing and making sure nothing breaks, so only a subset of players will have access to the feature in the game for the initial launch phase of the upgrade. Players can still always buy and sell cards on the Mythical Marketplace as before.
These Players Are Coming in from the Cold
As we mentioned before, we’re dropping “Snowmen” cards which will eventually melt into Snow Day players, who are selected from very specific NFL Games from the past few seasons that were played in heavy snow. These players are featured from the team they played that snowy game with, not necessarily their current teams.
We’re dropping 3 players as rewards early on in Cold Snap and they’ll melt on December 22, 23, and 24 based on which card it is. After, we’ll release more in the Shop that will melt and reveal themselves a few days later. Each of these cards will feature unique artwork and also employ ice-blue flame VFX on the field!
Ice, Ice Players
For the first half of Cold Snap, we’re playing DE-FENSE. Players selected turned in amazing defensive performances in the month of December and January in their pushes for the playoffs.
Here are the players we’re dropping cards for in chase events and in the Connect:
- T.J. Watt, DE for the Pittsburgh Steelers
- DeForest Buckner, DT for the Indianapolis Colts
- Quandre Diggs, FS for the Seattle Seahawks
- Haason Reddick, DE for the Philadelphia Eagles
- Jabrill Peppers, SS for the New England Patriots
- Tre'Davious White, CB for the Buffalo Bills
- Kwon Alexander, LB for the Pittsburgh Steelers
Now for the player cards dropping in those frozen packs:
- Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE for the NY Giants
- Chase Young, DE for the San Francisco 49ers
- Leonard Williams, DT for the Seattle Seahawks
- Shaquille Leonard, LB for the Philadelphia Eagles
- Roquan Smith, LB for the Baltimore Ravens
- Patrick Peterson, CB for the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Marcus Peters, a free agent CB
- Jordan Poyer, SS for the Buffalo Bills
- Arik Armstead, DE for the San Francisco 49ers
- Justin Madubuike, DT for the Baltimore Ravens
- Grady Jarrett, DE for the Atlanta Falcons
- Willie Gay Jr, LB for the Kansas City Chiefs
- Rashan Gary, LB for the Green Bay Packers
- Troy Hill, CB for the Carolina Panthers
- Julian Blackmon, FS for the Indianapolis Colts
- Kareem Jackson, SS for the Denver Broncos
- Dre'Mont Jones, DE for the Seattle Seahawks
- Trevis Gipson, DE for the Tennessee Titans
- A'Shawn Robinson, DT for the NY Giants
- Derrick Brown, DT for the Carolina Panthers
- Patrick Queen, LB for the Baltimore Ravens
- Azeez Ojulari, LB for the NY Giants
- Mike Hilton, CB for the Cincinnati Bengals
- Mike Hughes, CB for the Atlanta Falcons
- Eddie Jackson, FS for the Chicago Bears
- Adrian Amos, SS for the Houston Texans