Monstercat’s Manic Makers Build Challenge
· 3 min read
The music bumps and blasts in the distance. You run forward into the Junction and hear music everywhere. The spotlight flashes and as you look up, build tool in hand, you spot the source. Calling all Hit-Makers and Builders! This is your time to shine, your time to create a new Party; a Party themed around Monstercat and EDM.
Build a Party by talking to the Foreman at the Think Tank themed to Monstercat! We’ll be partnering with Monstercat to have their tracks and artists implemented in-game.
A selection of songs now added in game:
“Destroy Me” - Bad Computer
“The One” - Habstrakt
“Collapse” - Pixel Terror & neverwaves
“Skin” - Rome In Silver
“Flow” - Slippy
“Union” - Vindata
You’re free to refurbish existing Parties with Monstercat or EDM theming, but we will be prioritizing new Parties. Keep in mind, winning this event does not guarantee a spot in the Blankos Brawl queue. Check out the link here for inspiration for your build!
7/22 - 8/4
You have from July 22nd, 12:00 PDT / 19:00 UTC until August 4th 12:00 PDT / 19:00 UTC to build your Monstercat or EDM themed Party and submit it here.
Starting on August 5th, 12:00 PM PDT / 19:00 UTC, you’ll be able to vote for your favourite entries by reacting to your favorites in our Discord server after playing them in-game! Community voting will last until August 11th, 12:00 PM PDT / 19:00 UTC.
Your votes will determine the TOP 5 winners of the Monstercat’s Manic Makers build contest!
After community voting has concluded, we, Mythical Games, will have an internal vote on the top 5 entries, to determine the TOP 3 winners!
On August 19th, we will announce the winners of Monstercat’s Manic Makers build contest!
These rules must be followed for your submission to be eligible for any rewards listed above, participation prize included. Any submission found in violation of these rules will be disqualified from the contest.
- Your Party must follow the theme of Monstercat or EDM, as deemed by Mythical Games.
- No copyrighted or trademarked material (with the exception of Monstercat’s character and logo); all works must be original and created by you. This includes, but is not limited to, game or movie characters, logos, and any existing Blankos within the world of Blankos Block Party.
- Your Party should be named in the following fashion: “MC Manics [YOUR PARTY NAME HERE]”
- Example: “MC Manics EDM”
- Your Party must be PG. Your Party entry must not include the use of drugs or sexualization of any kind.
- Only one submission per person, not per account. Any entrant found to have made multiple Parties or mail accounts to bypass this will result in your disqualification. We will enable the ability to edit your submission, so no worries if you’ve built a Party but feel newer renditions play and look better than your current entry!
Additionally, general rules and conditions apply. You can find those listed here.
It wouldn’t be an amazing contest without some amazing prizes! Let’s see what we’ve got…
Top 3 Prizes
- 40k XP Chips
- Monstercat Gold for 3 months
- Monstercat Merch (TBD)
- Top 5 Prizes
- Participation Prize
- 1000 Blanko Bucks
- 40k XP Chips
- 4 Random Gumballs
- Participation Prize
- Visage Blanko
- 3 Random Gumballs
How To Submit
Fill out the Google Form, here, with your Display name and email address tied to your Mythical account. Be sure to submit your Party name, as well as having the Party published. Unpublished entries will not be accepted.
Also be sure to submit your Party screenshot via Imgur. An account on imgur is not needed to upload your artwork!
To upload to Imgur go to the top left of the webpage and click the “New Post” button.